Monday, July 19, 2010

Botan Japanese Restaurant

Photobucket

I’ve long heard of Botan for its affordable bento sets. Besides, the restaurant is very popular among the lunch crowd and it usually operates at full capacity. It is almost impossible to get a table unless reservation is made.

Photobucket

All lunch bentos come with chawanmushi, miso soup and fruits. I had the Botan Bento ($25) which includes assortment sashimi, tempura, sunomono, grilled mackerel, and simmered tofu with chicken karaage.

Photobucket

My lovely friend had the Chirashi Bento ($28). Both of us were shocked when we saw humongous portion of food. The Chirashi section (below) includes thick slices of salmon belly, tuna, kanpachi, snapper, hirame , cooked ebi, kamaboko, tamagoyaki and tobiko on top of sushi rice. The side dishes were similar to my Botan Bento with an additional teriyaki chicken and potato salad. Oh my, this set can seriously feed the two of us! :-O

Photobucket

Their bento set is really value for money, given the generous portion of food. But I do feel the food quality can be improved especially for some of the side dishes. I like the thinly battered tempura, which was really crispy even when it’s cold. Sashimi was decent as I had better ones before.

I guess what makes this restaurant so popular is not just because of the affordable bento sets, but also the cosy ambience and friendly service that won the hearts of so many people.

Outrageously Hungry? Go Botan ;)

Botan Japanese Restaurant
36/37 Pekin Street
#01-01 Far East Square
Tel: 6536 4404

5 comments:

Jer Lin said...

i'm greedy enough to finish the whole set by myself (:

Charlene said...

So colorful, I like! :)
Btw do you know what is the pinkish stuff as can be seen in your last photo? I'm just to lazy to go find out for myself :P

Bella V said...

Stargirl: haha. It's not about whether you are greedy or not. It's about whether you can finish the humongous portion by yourself!

Charlene: haha. I'm not too sure about that though. :P

Shirin said...

There was soooo much food! Next time, we should share, then we'll have space for desserts! (: x

Bella V said...

Shirin: Oh yes!! We need to meet up again before you fly off! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails