Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Coffee Nations

Photobucket

I love to roam around in Bugis, especially in the vicinity of Haji Lane where I discover all the quaint little cafe and restaurant. Friend and I wanted to stop by somewhere for a cup of coffee. It didn't took us long to find a great place to hang out - The Coffee Nations.

Photobucket

The staff led us to the second floor, where I was pretty astonished of the cozy and relaxing atmosphere. We sat by the window, loosening our tight muscles on the comfortable sofa and admiring the people outside through the window. 

Photobucket

The Amaretto Latte has a distinct almond flavour which my friend really enjoyed but not for me. :P I had the signature Honey Cafe con Leche which is honey with espresso and milk. I like the subtle sweetness of the honey which lingers in my mouth. Both of us agreed that the coffee here is really aromatic. :)

Photobucket

We wanted something sweet to go along with the coffee. But sad to say, the Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice-cream was not at all fantastic. There is no chocolate lava to speak of and it taste more like a brownie. If only this could be better, it will be the perfect sweet ending.

If you are looking for a quiet place to do some readings or have a cup of coffee, The Coffee Nations may be the perfect place to go. Their menu is pretty extensive, serving pastas, mains, sandwiches and some light bites too. You may wish to check out the menu here. There are many quaint, hidden cafes at Haji Lane which I will definitely check them out. Don't worry, I will share with all of you, one by one. ;)

The Coffee Nations
17 Bali Lane
Singapore 189853

2 comments:

Amasou Umasou said...

Walked past this place last week. There are just so many nice chill-out places in this area.

Bella V said...

I totally agree. Saw so many nice cafes down there! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails