Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Forty Hands

IMG_5101e

40 hands is a quaint, little cafe hidden in Tiong bahru, not far away from Caffe Pralet. As the name suggest, 40 hands coffee means an average of 40 hands are required in the production of coffee, from plant to cup. Using only fair trade coffee, they seek to promote a sustainable coffee economy and support coffee grower in the developing country. Their coffee is the main reason why I'm here.

Flat White ($5), full-bodied and rich aroma. This is definitely good to perk me up.
Flat White

The Truffle Mushroom Sandwich ($8.50) on whole wheat toast is served piping hot. Truffle mushroom was so full of flavour and it taste incredible. This must be probably my most preferred mushroom sandwich. If you like the wild truffle mushroom skinny pizza from barracks, you'll love this too. :)
Truffle Mushroom Sandwich

Besides coffee and sandwiches, they serve quite a few nice decadent desserts too.

The Chocolate Tart ($5) was highly recommended by the staff and I am pretty pleased with my dessert. Bittersweet chocolate filling is rich and smooth. The tart base is slightly thin but still good in my opinion. Frankly speaking, I prefer this more than Laurent's chocolate tart! ;))

Chocolate Tart

Forty Hands is a nice place to chill out and for a good cup of coffee. If you happened to be in the area, do give it a try!

Forty Hands
78, Yong Siak Street (Tiong Bahru) #01-12
Tel: 6225 4623

4 comments:

Amasou Umasou said...

After seeing your photos i just can't wait to get down to Forty Hands. Hope i can find my way there tml:P

Bella V said...

Its actually just 10mins walk from tiong bahru mrt. haha. If you drive there, it pretty easy to locate. I shall look forward to your review then :)

HungryTrotters said...

wow! you've been discovering a lot of hidden finds Bella V! :) Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that you have the most stunning food photos! great job :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails